1. Keeping optical elements clean is important to ensure the good optical performance, the microscope should be covered by the dust cover when not working. If there is dust or dirt on the surface, use a blower to remove the dust or use a soft brush to clean the dirt.
2. Clean the objectives should use moist lint-free cloth or cotton swab with cleaning liquid. Don't use excessive liquid to avoid the clarity influence because of liquid penetration.
3. Eyepiece and objective are easily smudged by dust and dirt. When the contrast and clarity decreases or fog comes out on the lens, use the magnifier to check the lens carefully.
4. Low magnification objective has a big group of front lens, use cotton swab or lint-free cloth wrapped around the finger with ethanol and clean gently. 40x and 100x objective should be checked carefully with a magnifier, as the high magnification objective has front lens with a concave of small radius and curvature to achieve high flatness.
Use toothpick with cotton ball or cotton swab for cleaning. Wipe slightly and gently, don't use vigorous force or make scratches, after the cleaning, check the lens surface carefully. If you have to open the viewing tube to check, please be much careful to avoid any touch with the exposed lens near the bottom of the tube, the fingerprint will affect the observation clarity. Refer to the method for eyepiece/objective cleaning for fingerprints.
5. After using 100X objective with oil immersion, please make sure to wipe the lens surface clean. Also check if any oil on 40x objective and wipe it clean in time to make sure the image clear.
6. Dust cover is important to make sure the microscope is in good mechanical and physical condition. If the microscope body is stained, use ethanol or suds for cleaning (Don't use organic solvent), DON'T let the liquid leak into the microscope body, which may cause inside electronic components a short circuit or burned.
7. Keep the working condition dry, when the microscope works in high humidity environment for long time, it will increase the chance of mildew. If the microscope must work in such humidity environment, the dehumidifier is suggested.
In addition, if mist or mildew is found on the optical elements, please contact us immediately for professional solutions.